Don’t tell my kids but I tend to steal these muffins from them. I know I’m an awful mum but it’s cake, with no added sugar cake, without gluten! They are lucky I let them have one!
In my opinion these are best eaten just out of the oven or warmed over with custard.
- 150 grams of gluten free plain flour (see link at the end for the one I use)
- 110 grams of unsalted butter
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium bananas diced
- 75 grams of sultanas
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 170c /225f
- Place the sultanas in a small bowl and sprinkle with a tea spoon of the gluten free plain flour, stir until the sultanas are coated.
- Place the rest of the gluten free plain flour, baking powder, butter and eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric whisk for three minutes until the mixture is smooth in consistency.
- Stir in the flour coated sultanas and the diced bananas and stir until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin/large bun cases or use a silicone tray (link for the one I use is below) and divide the mixture equally between the cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until light brown and fluffy.
Gluten free plain flour used- Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain White Flour 1 kg (Pack of 5)
Silicone muffin tray used-12 Cup Silicon / Silicone Muffin Tray Cupcake Cake Cases, moulds. Available in pink, blue or red.