These are a favourite of mine for when the girls come round with the kids for play dates or just a good gossip. Unless you tell people they are gluten free they will never know.
Makes between 10-12
- 150g of gluten free plain flour (I’m still using up my doves I got in bulk here Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain White Flour 1 kg (Pack of 5) )
- 110g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 50g of caster sugar
- 50g of ground rice
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 50g of milk chocolate drops
- Preheat the oven to 130c/265f/gas mark 1
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the sugar and butter together using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the plain flour and ground rice.
- Once the mixture is well mixed, add the lemon juice and bring together in to a ball.
- Divide the mixture in to fat sticks about 6cm by 3cm and 1.5cm thick.
- Place the sticks on the baking tray about 1cm apart.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes until hard and light brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- While cooking melt the chocolate drops in a bowl in the microwave for 60 seconds, check after every 20 second and stir.
- Once cool dip the ends until the melted chocolate and allow to set.
- Once set, serve and enjoy.