It’s funny that I have always preferred cooked breakfasts over cereal. Even before my coeliac disease developed cereal and I were never friends. I am however a big fan of eggs, boiled, fried, scrambled or poached I love them. My baby shares this love and she will eat them most mornings with me. My son used to have two fried eggs (in spray oil) with two hash browns every morning before leaving the house for school despite going to breakfast club once at school. They only provided toast and cereal at breakfast club apparently they were not as nice his eggs and hash browns.
Makes two egg cups serves 1
- 6 slices of wafer ham (I use Sainsbury’s basic, because it’s cheap and round in shape)
- Two medium eggs
- One splash on milk
- One cherry tomato, halved
- A pinch of basil
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 10g of grated mozzarella cheese
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven at 200c/400f/gas mark 6
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a small measuring jug
- Spray the oil into two hole of the muffin tin so that they have a good coverage of oil.
- Place three slices of ham in each of the two holes lining them to make a well.
- Pour the egg mixture equally in to the two ham wells.
- Add half a pinch of ground black pepper and half a pinch of basil to both
- Add a half of the cherry tomato to each on the eggs and garnish with the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until cooked.
- Sever hot or allow to cool and add to your pack up for mid morning snack for baby while out and about.