By popular demand! Here is my brand new recipe for cauliflower and cheese gluten free muffins. I’m really pleased at how they turned out. I don’t even like cauliflower but these are so going in my lunch box tomorrow for my keep in touch day at work and will be a regular feature once I return in April. I think I might even try them in my son’s lunch box tomorrow and to see what he thinks of them.
- 150g of gluten free plain flour (I used Asdas own)
- 110g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 medium eggs
- 2tsp baking powder
- 75g of grated mozzarella cheese
- 150g of cauliflower cut into small trees
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of water
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 170c /225f
- In a small frying pan, dry fry the onions on a medium high heat until soft then add the cauliflower to the pan and pour over the water. Cook until soft and the water has disappeared.
- Remove from heat and place on kitchen roll to cool and remove any extra moisture.
- Place the gluten free flour, baking powder, butter and eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric whisk for three minutes until the mixture is smooth in consistency.
- Add the cheese and cooled onions and cauliflower then stir with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin/large bun cases and divide the mixture equally between the cases.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until light gold and fluffy.