These are great for both cooking with the kids and for baby led weaning. They are a great staple in my house that freeze well once cooked. Although my son first turned his nose up at them, once he helped me to make them they quickly became a favourite. In my experience my son is more likely to eat something that he has been involved in the cooking of them rather than food just placed infront of him.
- 400g of cauliflower raw
- 250g of potatoes
- 1 medium egg
- 75g of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1tsp of garlic granules
- 1tsp of paprika
- 1tsp of thyme
Makes about 12 smiles
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel the potatoes, quarter and boil in a pan. Once boiled, mash and put in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Grate the raw cauliflower or place in a food processor until the texture of fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the cauliflower to the cooled potatoes and stir in the cheese.
- Add the optional spices if required.
- Make a well in the middle and add the egg. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Roll the mixture in a small pin pong ball and flatted down on the baking tray.
- Use a cocktail stick or straw to make a face.
- Oven bake for 25 minutes until light gold in colour.
If you are batch cooking these allow to cool prior to freezing, remove and pan fry using spray oil on a low heat for until cooked throughout.